news

Look at the design page for info on the plywood velomobile construction.

Wednesday 15 December 2010

On the road !

Until I've got a better picture this will do. The black cover is fixed temporarily.
Lots to be done but I can ride it !
The second prototype is (almost) ready. I improvised a seat and made a short trip. Very much fun! Although some details can be improved I think the general concept is proven: It is possible to build a very light velomobile with plywood.

I will sum up the main specs and add a better picture as soon as the weather allows me to take one: Two front wheels with McPherson suspension, one unsprung wheel with Rohloff 14 speed hub behind. Two side sticks for steering. Monocoque body (No frame inside!). Drum brakes in front wheels. Size: 2750x720x750 mm (LxWxH).  Cost estimation: 300 euro (body materials only). Total mass 23.6 kg.

23.6 kg is very competitive...
Who's going to take the development further? Come and see our machine. Learn from our mistakes and and build your own! Please send me a mail if you are interested in building my plywood velomobile design.

5 comments:

  1. Ziet er sportief uit zo! Ben benieuwd naar het eindresultaat :)

    Erwin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you keep a photo journal of the building process?

    I can't wait to see more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lijkt me gweldig voor in het Ligfiets blad Ligfiets@. Heb je meteen een fotograaf die je tot in detail kan fotograferen.

    Ben benieuwd naar de DIY kit. Oude tijden herleven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your velomobile, so great, the plywood concept is just great and beautifull! There no frame? You managed a good rigidity in relation wih pedaling?

    I'd like to come and see your velomobile! I'm in Brazil though! Do you pretend to sell it build? Sell a kit? Share building process?

    I'd really like to understand the details of the construction of this velomobile!

    ReplyDelete